This challenge is open to amateurs between the ages of 13 – 30 years as of 31 Dec 2017, except the employees of MWS and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, and children).
You are required to have a smartphone camera to take photos/videos and a personal Instagram account to post your photos/videos.
- Click on the Sign Up page to register for the Challenge!
- Choose the MWS centre you wish to visit out of the list of available Centres provided. You may visit the Centre to take your winning shot based on the cause that you feel most strongly for.
• Centre slots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
• No replacement, rescheduling or reselection of Centre is allowed.
Post your best photos and/or videos with a caption (up to 50 words), on your personal Instagram account. Submit up to 5 entries only.
Include the hashtag #ilc2017mws.
Upload your entries (Original and Filtered photos and/or videos) on the Submission page.
Write a meaningful story caption (up to 50 words).
- JPEGs file format for images
- Each JPEG should be less than 2MB in file size
- MOV or MP4 file formats for videos
- Each video should be less than 40MB in file size.
Please take note that STEP 1 – STEP 4 must be completed for your photo/video to be considered as submitted for the Challenge.
The final photo/video submission date is 31 July 2017, 2359hrs.
There are attractive prizes to be won in 7 award categories.
- Most Popular Photo
The most-liked photo on Instagram
- Most Popular Video
The most-liked video on Instagram
- Most Touching Photo
Photo that evokes the most emotion
- Most Touching Video
Video that evokes the most emotion
- Picture of Hope
Photos show the joy of children in spite of their family’s situation, that with support they can continue to HOPE for a better future
- Picture of Warmth
To show isolated seniors how much they are loved, with the WARMTH of a community
- Picture of Care
Depiction of our seniors with grace and poise, giving them CARE through their pain
- MWS will identify the winners of the Most Popular Photo and Most Popular Video based on Instagram Likes counted on 14 August 2017, 0900hrs.
- Judges will evaluate photo and video entries based on:
Thematic impact and persuasiveness – 40%
Visual composition & creativity – 30%
Meaningful story caption – 20%
Technical quality – 10%
- The judges’ decisions are final and questions regarding the decisions will not be entertained.
- Winners will be notified via email.
The winner of each of the 7 Categories will receive the following prizes:
Complimentary RAW membership* for 6 months valued at $300 per pax. More details can be found at Raw Space.
1 x GoPro Hero5 Session (worth $480 each)
*Terms & conditions apply.
Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
- Online Registration
Registration starts on 23 April 2017. Sign up before 12 July, subject to the availability of Centre visit slots.
- Photography / Filming at Centre(s)
Visit the MWS Centre of your choice for your Photo/Videography session on the date and time that you have selected. (You can check the available sessions on the Sign Up)You may post your photos and/or videos on Instagram any time after you have visited the Centre till 31 July 2017, 2359hrs.
- Instagram Posting and Submission Deadline
After posting your photos/videos on your Instagram account, please remember to upload them on Submission page as well.Only photos/videos that are posted on Instagram AND submitted to MWS by 31 July 2017, 2359hrs will be considered for the Challenge.
- Voting for Most Popular Photo/Video
The voting deadline for the Most Popular Photo and Most Popular Video is 14 August 2017, 0859hrs.The winning photo and video will be based on the most number of likes from all Instagram postings by participants.
- Judging Photos/Videos for Other Award Categories
Photos and videos submitted for other categories apart from Most Popular Photo and Video will be evaluated by the judging panel.
- Notification of Results
Winners will be notified through email on 6 September 2017.
- Collection of Prizes
Winners will be notified to collect their prizes from MWS Headquarters by 6 October 2017.