Terms & Conditions
- You must not respond to media enquiries about the work of MWS.
- You must arrange your own transport for the visits. Transport cost is not reimbursable.
- You should read the before attending the Centre Visit.
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all photo(s) and/or video(s) entered by you. Read more about Copyright and Permissions below.
- Reposting photo(s) and/or video(s) in respect of which you are not the sole author or owner of the copyright is not allowed.
- You confirm that you have not infringed on the privacy rights, copyrights or other rights of any person. You also agree that you are responsible for and have obtained all necessary approvals and/or permissions (where applicable) in relation to the subject matter of the photo(s) / video(s).
- Borrowing or using another Instagram user’s account to enter your photo(s) and/or video(s) is not advised. In the event of dispute, MWS will only recognize and award the registered ILC 2017 participant.
- You must use only your mobile phones to take your photo(s) and/or video(s). Usage of professional filming and lighting equipment is not allowed to ensure a level playing field for all participants.
- The editing of photo(s) and/or video(s) is strictly not permitted, save for (a) basic touch-ups using the features available with your mobile phone’s camera and (b) Instagram filters to enhance your photo(s) and/or video(s). You are not allowed to edit or enhance your photo(s) and/or video(s) using any other application or software including, without limitation, Adobe Photoshop. Additionally, no manipulation of photos and videos through the adding or removing of subjects is allowed.
- You will be judged based on the photo(s) and/or video(s) you submit on Instagram. The original, unedited file(s) must also be sent to email@example.com.
- Entries without the official hashtag will not be considered.
- No responsibility will be taken for corrupted or late entries.
- Entries are strictly limited to 5 entries per participant, with each entry displaying only 1 photo and/or video. Where more than 5 entries are submitted under a single Instagram account, only the first 5 submissions will be considered.
- Each video entry is limited to 60 seconds long.
- Instagram accounts must be made public to facilitate judging processes.
- Entries that are deemed inappropriate by MWS in its sole discretion must be taken down from Instagram with immediate effect upon notice given by MWS. Failing to do so will disqualify you from the challenge.
Although participants retain the copyright to their entries, MWS retains the rights listed below with respect to the entries.
By submitting your entry, you irrevocably and unconditionally grant MWS a non-exclusive right and licence to use, enhance, reproduce, modify, adapt and sub-licence your photo(s) and/or video(s) (and any part thereof) and any accompanying statements or captions for any purpose at any time in any media, format or platforms (including, without limitation, print publications, electronic media, social media platforms and websites) or any other manner. You expressly consent to the disclosure, use and publication of your image, name, photograph and/or other particulars or information in any publicity and marketing materials carried out by MWS without prior notice and compensation. All participants also expressly consent to MWS photographing and filming them during the programme.
You may, where MWS determines in its sole discretion, be credited for your photo(s) and/or video(s) in such manner and through such platform(s) as MWS may solely determine.
MWS reserves the right, at its discretion, to disqualify or discount any entrant, photo(s) and/or video(s) or Instagram likes cast by unfair means.
MWS’ decisions on all matters relating to the ILC 2017 shall be at its absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding, and MWS shall not be liable for payment or compensation to any party. MWS will not entertain any correspondence, appeal, claims, payment or compensation.
MWS reserves the right to withhold the prizes if, in the opinion of the judges, the quality of entries falls below the standard required.
MWS is, unless otherwise stated, the owner of all content and copyright in its website (“Site”). MWS strives to protect the rights and privacy of its beneficiaries and staff.
The use of the name “Methodist Welfare Services” and MWS’ logo, as well as any photographs and/or information of MWS’ beneficiaries and staff, shall not be used or reproduced in any way for any print or electronic publication, media, and merchandise, or for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express permission of MWS.
These Terms & Conditions are correct at the time of writing, and MWS reserves the right to update and/or change any of these Terms & Conditions without prior notice. By entering the ILC 2017, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms & Conditions by you will void your entry. If a breach of the Terms & Conditions is only discovered after the prize has been awarded, MWS may require the return of the prize.
You agree to indemnify MWS for any claims, expenses, actions, losses, damages or costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) made against or incurred or sustained by MWS in connection with any breach of these Terms & Conditions.
MWS assumes no liability or responsibility and will not be liable or responsible for any defects, quality, merchantability, the fitness or any other aspect of any prizes offered in the ILC2017 or the acts or defaults of the merchant, agent, supplier or service provider of any such prizes or defects or deficiency in the prizes offered.
If any provision or term of these Terms & Conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
These Terms & Conditions and your use of the Site are governed by Singapore law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.